10.06.2009

Nicholas Allen Porada II

The entire year I spent in New York attending SVA and studying fine art photography I managed to land myself a paid internship with a freelance photographer named Mandy Karangelen, also known as Amanda K Photography.  She worked strictly with families/children; newborns, pregnant moms, birthdays etc.  I enjoy children and loved working with them on photo shoots but never saw myself getting into that kind of photography, which I still believe today.  Ironically enough, a close family friend of my mothers had a baby this summer and couldn't afford to get nice pictures done for their birth announcements.  Me, being the kind person that I am and my mom for having a big mouth extended my services gratis.  I now present to you Nicholas Allen Porada II born on August 1, 2009.


   This was my favorite.  I got the idea from the Lion King when Rafiki raises the young cub Simba for everyone to be seen.  Regardless, Simba was a young King in the making but I think it worked out well in the sense of a birth announcement.  Announcing, Nicholas Allen Porada II!  RAWRRR.  Haha, just kidding.  But really.

Here are some other classic shots they wanted of Nicholas: 
Sidenote: You can't blame them because for these kinds of moments - you want to cheese it up.  Although, keep a spin on it.  That's how I try to approach the situation.









No comments:

Post a Comment