10.06.2009

Into The Light

I volunteered at the Into the Light 11th Annual Cancer Walk on September 25, 2009.  It was a very special event to attend since my grandmother is a survivor of breast cancer but also just a few weeks ago my brother's wife was diagnosed with 4th stage cancer in her breasts and lymphnodes which have spread to her liver.  I met many amazing people and listening to a few of these courageous individuals share their stories with me was very moving. 



















Mauricette Berivardet, 76, a Mount Pleasant resident and breast cancer survivor of nine years, helps decorate bags in honor of cancer survivors and for those in memory of who passed away. "Cancer is a blessing in disguise," says Mauricette, "I realize how beautiful a sunset is, I never had before." The bags were displayed by candlelight for the Into the Light 11th Annual Cancer Awareness walk which started at eight o'clock in Island Park on Friday, September 25, 2009.



















Kari Conant, 36, an Isabella County resident and breast cancer survivor of one year, leads the Into the Light 11th Annual Cancer Awareness walk in Island Park on Friday, September 25, 2009. Over $40,000 was raised last year for Community Cancer Services of Isabella County.


One shot I couldn't help but love which brings out the old me, who photographed metaphors behind meaning, was this one;














Over 2,000 bags were illuminated along the pathway of Island Park in honor of cancer survivors and for those in memory of who passed away during the Into the Light 11th Annual Cancer Awareness walk on Friday, September 25, 2009.

No comments:

Post a Comment