10.19.2009

Mount Pleasant in 24 Hours

The chaotic weekend that every staff member of CM Life has been fretting is finally over. Along with the week that followed it, full of editing and hard work to prepare for its presentation. To give you a brief idea of what I'm talking about...this past Saturday each reporter and photographer, even videographers went out at different hours of the day in the time span of one day, Saturday and compiled 24 different stories to present to our audience our city of Mt. Pleasant in 24 hours, through multimedia, pictures and stories. I have to admitt, it turned out incredible thanks to our outstanding Presentation Editor, Matt Stephens who can really lend a helping hand, and in most cases hands, when needed. Also Jake May, a very talented photographer, and previous editor at CM Life who goes above and beyond to make sure everyone feels like they are settled and most importantly, having fun. It took me about seven hours to edit my complete multimedia piece, which is about two minutes long. Two hours went towards the audio, an hour towards editing my photos and the rest towards putting the both together to create my sound slides. By the end of the night my eyes were twitching frmo staring at a computer screen for so damn long but it was well worth it. My piece was on a custodian. Not just any custodian, her name is Cathy Aho and she is an amazing woman. A very three dimensional and interesting woman, someone with a past who is most certainly living the present while grasping the future. Cathy works in my residence hall which is how I met her and decided to use her as the subject for this piece. So full of life with so much to say, I couldn't resist.




No comments:

Post a Comment