10.23.2009

220 Photo Story

For my JRN 220 class we have started our picture story, which I am very excited about.  My teacher has allowed me to go above and beyond the criteria and submit soundslides as apposed to just 5-7 images.  I decided to do mine on the local tattoo shop, Heritage Tattoo at the corner of S Mission and E Preston in Mount Pleasant, Mich.  My reason for choosing a tattoo shop is because of my fascination with the art and the whole environment of being around tattoo artists and those who have tattoos, whether they have designed their own tattoos or just strongly believe in the ink they have permanently been tatted up with.  I myself have four tattoos, only one I designed myself while the others represent who I am based on beliefs, passions, etc.  Eric Ochsenkeho, the manager of Heritage Tattoo and licensed tattoo artist will be my main focus/subject.  The clients will also be just as important to me and my photographs in aspects of their emotion (idea behind tattoo, getting tattoo done), their art (previous and current tattoos) and their interaction with Eric.  My goal is to shoot everything taking place in the shop between Eric, his staff and his clients.


Eric Ochsenkeho, licensed tattoo artist and manager of Heritage Tattoo, gathers ink to prepare for a clients tattoo October 16, 2009. 


Eric Ochsenkeho, licensed tattoo artist and manager of Heritage Tattoo, tattoos Bedford freshman Chad Pudvan in the center of his back between his shoulder blades a deer skull and cross combined at Heritage Tattoo, October 16, 2009 in Mount Pleasant, Mich.  "I designed the tattoo with my cousin.  I got the idea because of my beliefs in God and my fascination with deer skulls and hunting," said Pudvan.



I am still working on the interviewing portion to better write my cutlines and what not so just bare with me.  These are the two photographs I liked best out of my visit on the 16th.  More to come, as soon as I am done editing them all.

No comments:

Post a Comment