4.28.2010

Study Abroad Goals

My study abroad advisor e-mailed me the other day with my study abroad goals that I had set forth for myself during orientation.  When I was reading over them I was almost floored and how easily these goals have been accomplished within my first month of being here.  Then again, some of them I am still trying to fulfill.  It makes me so proud to know that I have achieved so much since I have been here.  I am constantly changing, growing, maturing at every moment - according to plan.  Our lives are a series of unfoldings.  For me, this is just the beginning.


1. Gain a valued understanding of Asian culture
2. Build my portfolio
3. Travel throughout Thailand, surroundings
4. Speak Thai with the people
5. Learn customs, traditions
6. Swim in the ocean
7. Drink from a coconut
8. Excel in my Thai Studies
9. Acquire a tolerance for spicy food
10. Make a Thai friend or two
11. Keep a journal of both text and photographs to later put together my book
12. Step foot in a temple, meet a monk!


20100306 194


"If you can imagine it, you can achieve it.
If you can dream it, you can become it."
-William Arthur Ward

No comments:

Post a Comment