3.18.2010

East Hills Wrapping Party

People helping people, what a great concept.  Especially when it comes to enlightening children about others, just like them who struggle and could use their helping hands.
I'll admit it was pretty weird going back to my old middle school, not only because it was completely under lock down for some reason, but because it reminded me of a time where all that mattered to me was myself.  I guess you can't really help it when you live in a society like we do today with the media blasting subliminal messages.  Although when I got there, I was so blown away at the range of 5th-8th graders who donated so many gifts this holiday season to children, just like them who are battling cancer.  Each grade took time during their lunch and recess periods to wrap the hundreds of gifts donated to The Bottomless Toy Chest.  The goal of Kid2Kid is to build awareness and encourage children in metro-Detroit to find their own way to help the Bottomless Toy Chest brighten the lives of pediatric oncology patients.
Ideas include hosting a toy drive, planning a fund-raiser or get friends together for a "wrap" party. This program is ideal for scout troops, church groups, schools, birthday parties and more!

For more information call (248) 646-8931 or email Rosalyn@Bottomlesstoychest.org

Once again, I love days like these.  I love my job.

DSC_0031

DSC_0021

DSC_0075

No comments:

Post a Comment