3.18.2010

The City of Angels

Not many people are aware that I spend eight years of my life growing up in California.  I was born in San Diego, what I consider one of the greatest cities I have encountered thus far.  What many others don't know is that throughout my entire upbringing, I had never traveled to Los Angeles.  Shocker,  I know.
This holiday season was spent with my family in San Diego, which is always a nice contrast from the rain and sleet I have the pleasure of waking up to in Detroit.  From there, I took a train up to L.A. where I could celebrate the New Year and of course, depart for the spring semester in Bangkok, Thailand.  I will admit, the city wasn't as impressive as you see on television but then again, nothing seems to be nowadays.  I spent most of my time taking pictures of the city and staying with a friend of mine, Ben Duffy, who I met when I attended the School of Visual Arts in Manhattan.  He moved to L.A. to pursue his passion for skateboarding.  We ventured off to Venice Beach where I had a chance to photograph the sunset which certainly was the highlight of my time spent in L.A., next to frolicking about the Santa Monica Pier.



Waistin' Away
Waistin' Away

I Will Follow You Into The Light
I Will Follow You Into The Light

That's It For Me
That's It For Me

To You, The New Year
To You, The New Year

Santa Monica Pier
Santa Monica Pier

No comments:

Post a Comment