6.11.2009

First Things First...

My name is Victoria Zegler and I am currently a Photojournalism major at Central Michigan University.
I grew up in San Diego, California with a crazy father who I believe inspired my creativity and abilities to perceive things happening right before my eyes. I started taking photographs when I was a very little girl and continued my passion all the way to high school. I carried around a Pentax K1000, my pride and joy. That camera followed me for five years until I became a senior in high school and realized that today is an era of auto focus and automatic exposure. I set my Pentax aside and bought a 35mm Canon EOS Rebel G. I remember my first thought being, "Thank God I don't have to reel film into my camera anymore!" I took my Canon with me to college where I took some of my greatest photographs.


There is just something about a black and white photograph that you can't help but be fascinated with. I love the whole process of shooting, developing, drying and WAHLAH - your image appears. I think its the anticipation that gets to me. Once I had finished my first semester of college I decided to enroll in a digital imaging class. I had taken a similar class throughout my senior year of high school but wanted to learn more. Reading over the course description it seemed perfect except for the part where I needed a digital camera. I panicked at the thought that all I had with me was my Kodak point and shoot. That next day I went out and bought a Nikon D40, my first SLR. It felt so right. I felt like I could shoot anything and I did.


Of all forms of expression, photography is the only one which seizes the instant in its flight.
-Henri Cartier-Bresson


Now that I have briefly introduced myself, let us have some fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment